How to submit an abstract
Thank you very much for your interest in the Fourth International Conference on Earth System Modelling. Please follow the guidelines for the submission of your abstract.
- Prepare your abstract following the general remarks (see below) and including: Title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), and the abstract text;
- Browse through the list of themes and select the theme of your interest;
- Use the link "Abstract submission" at the respective theme;
- You are asked to login to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. A respective Copernicus Office user ID is required. Use your existing account data or create a new account;
- Fill in the submittal information about title, author(s), and affiliation(s) of author(s);
- Choose between plain text, LaTeX or WORD content with regard to the abstract text; please consider that a LaTex submission only refers to general LaTex commands directly inserted in the form (e.g. formatting commands like super- and subscripts, special characters, etc.). Style packages and environment commands cannot be considered and must not be included in the form.
- Copy-and-paste your information into the form or download and use the WORD template (submission using WORD is ONLY possible if this template is used);
- Check the generated PDF file of your edited and formatted abstract. Please note that this PDF is only a preview file (indication "PREVIEW" is highlighted in the abstract header) in order to enable you to check the input. Close the PDF preview and click on "Submission" to finalize the process.
- If the conversion of your abstract fails, please specify your problems and we will then take care of solving the problem.
Authors may decide to submit their abstract with a preference either for a poster presentation or for an oral presentation. However, there is no guarantee that an oral preference can be realized.
In case any questions arise, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts should be short (400–500 words), clear, concise and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Mathematical symbols and equations must be typed in, and metric symbols should be used. Figures and tables must not be included.
- We recommend that the abstract is carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract obliges the author or at least one of the co-authors to actually present the abstract at the conference.